Good News

Neither of the girls have the flu! We visited the pediatrician today and both of the girls tested negative. That is great news! I guess I am the only sicko in our house!! Brice has no symptoms at all....yeah!

After thought, discussion with the husband, research and talking with my nurse friend I have decided to not take the Tamiflu. The benefits are that is decreases flu symptoms and the main side effect is nausea and diarrhea. The only symptoms I am having is nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and some weakness...feeling run down and tired. So, I can live with feeling tired and if the medicine is going to make my other symptoms worse, I decided that it wasn't work it to quit breastfeeding. My supply has already decreased over the past couple of days just because I haven't been eating and drinking well and I was dehydrated. I will be pumping and feeding like a crazy woman over the next few days until my appetite is back to normal and I am off the antibiotic which is supposed to decrease milk supply some too.

So...that's the update!

Comments

Cortney Alston said…
Oh, I feel for you! I had the same thing happen to me last month. My daughter was about 7 weeks old and she got sick and we ended up taking her to the ER. Then a couple of days later I suddenly got sick as well with fever. Fortunatly, my daughter didn't have a fever. But after a visit to my doctor to address my condition I too ended up in the ER. To make a long story short I ended up having to have my Gallbladder removed. I was breastfeeding at the time of the surgery and it went very well. If you still are not feeling well, ask them to check your Gallbladder. They would do this via ultrasound and it is common for women to have issues with their gallbladder after pregnancy. Oh and by the way my daughter is fine. And I don't mean to freak you out by anymeans or to be a dark cloud on a sunny day for you. I just know what you are going through and am praying and believing with you that you will get better!
Lainey-Paney said…
I'm so glad the girls don't have it!
Hope you feel better soon.

Popular posts from this blog

FRUSTRATED!!!!!

Lessons From the Boat