Pushing Through the Pain

Have you ever started working out and you have those aches and pains and wonder if it is really worth it all?  Your trainer keeps telling you to push through and the results will show up and you will be pleased in time?  The burn and the pain that you are going through you somehow know will be worth it, so you just keep at it.

That is kind of how life feels sometimes.  Right now my life is sort of in this painful, dull ache of a time.  I can't really pinpoint the actual culprit but I know that God is doing something.  He is telling me that, in the end, it will be worth it.  Each time my heart feels that stab, I just keep telling myself that there is some purpose in it.  When my happy gets bumped and my feelings are on the bluer side, I simply let out a sigh and know that it will all be worth it.  I have to confess that this type of thing is hard for this girl.  I am an over-thinker and highly sensitive.  I can't say that each time I am disappointed that I just brush it off.  That is actually the opposite of what happens...especially inside, but I am definitely doing better than I used to.  I am trying really hard to focus on what God is doing in my life.  

God called me home at this time....away from the hustle and bustle of work life.  I am alone most of the time, which I do not enjoy.  I would much rather be with my husband or my closest friends laughing and talking about whatever, but unfortunately someone has to work!  :)  In the quiet, God is teaching me many things.  He is teaching me about myself, about my relationships, and most importantly, about Himself.  

Right now, more so than not, deep inside, life hurts....it is painful.  I don't know where the source of it is, but I know that God is asking me to push through that pain to find the greater good.  Please don't misunderstand me.  I am blessed beyond measure and God is so so good to me, but there is something that God is trying to teach me, and because of that, my soul aches.  There is a longing in my heart to free myself from whatever it is that is making me feel so hurt and I believe that only God can do that.  I am so looking forward to the other side of this.  Will you pray with and for me?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FRUSTRATED!!!!!

Lessons From the Boat