So...I never posted about Lauren's 15 month checkup.
She is 28 lbs, 14 oz - 97th %tile
32 inches long - 95th %tile
She is in size 4 diapers still. She eats just about anything but spits it out IMMEDIATELY if she doesn't like it! She is very opinionated and very high maintenance...she always has been. She loves her big sister and looks for her if she isn't around. She says lots of words...some of which we can't exactly make out! She loves playing with baby dolls and reading books...or rather having books read to her. She will bring you a book, turn around, sit in your lap - requesting you to read and then clap when it's over. It's the cutest thing! She definitely has an attitude and she is loud just like her sister! She has more ear infections than I can count at this point. Which is why this morning....
We got tubes placed in her ears and her adenoids removed. We had to be there at 6:00 and then the surgery was at 7:15. She did really well. She was HILARIOUS after they gave her Versed. She was staring into space and just laughed...at nothing. It was pretty funny. Anyway, we were back home by 9:30 and she slept for most of the day with the help of Lortab. Mommy and Daddy even got a nap because Rachel was with my Aunt Donna for the day.
I have joined a summer Bible study and I am super excited about it. I think it is going to be really good. I will post more about that later!
Friday, June 25, 2010
So...I never posted about Lauren's 15 month checkup.
Posted by Rikki Hester at 8:01 PM
Thursday, June 17, 2010
I was thinking today about how quirky I can be. I know we all have our things that we do that make us who we "are" and I thought it would be fun to let you in on some of the ways that I am....ME!
1. I am very outgoing but I do not trust easily.
2. I do not like for my food on my plate to touch.
3. I have always wanted to work in the medical field. First, I wanted to be a pediatric nurse practitioner - thought I wanted to do oncology. As I have gotten older, I am absolutely fascinated with babies...especially labor and delivery. If I didn't hate school so much and know that it would take so long and cost so much, I might think about going back to school to be an OB/GYN...that's how interested in it I am - it truly fascinates me!
4. I do not like marshmallows, coconut, or whipped cream...I do like other white foods though! :)
5. I get attached to people really easily. Once you have my trust and my heart, you have it. It breaks my heart when people leave or move away that I am close to. I have been this way since I was a little girl.
6. Although I have a tendency to be blunt in speech, it would kill me to think that I hurt someone's feelings.
7. To go along with #6, I am a HUGE people pleaser!!!! I spend a lot of time worrying about what others think of me. If I have said something that I think has offended someone I go out of my way to "fix it." I cannot stand to be the cause of conflict.
8. I love seafood! My favorite is lobster and crab but I love shrimp, crawfish, scallops and just about anything else that comes out of the sea!
9. I am very particular about the way things are done. I don't claim to be extremely organized but I do have a "way of doing things" and I want someone to come behind me and do it the same way. I did not realize I was this way until recently and it kind of bothers me. I wish I could just be more grateful that someone was helping and doing something at all instead of worrying about HOW they were doing it.
10. I have a hard time letting go of things that are bothering me. I need resolution. I will sit and think about things for FOREVER until I make myself sick! I have to talk and talk and talk and TALK about stuff until I feel like something has been done to either fix the situation or at least remedy it for the time. I feel like things have to have a nice bow tied around them...resolution. This drives my husband crazy because he can just walk away from something and never think about it again and assume it's over. Not me.
11. I am very random. My mind races from one thing to another very quickly. I can be thinking about one thing and within a matter of seconds, I am on something COMPLETELY different and you will often hear the words come out of my husband's mouth, "What? That was random!"
12. My favorite color is purple.
13. I have always wanted three children - 2 girls and a boy....almost there! :)
14. I am very sensitive and cry very easily.
15. I love to eat!
16. I tried being a stay at home mom and I am not very good at it! I love my girls more than life itself but I am better as a working mom. Some would think that makes me a bad mom but I say DON'T JUDGE!!!!
17. I am a follower, not a leader and I really think that my 3 1/2 year old daughter is very much the same way. I have to say that I am not proud about that.
18. I would have to say that I have a temper, I am not patient, and wish I were more sweet spirited.
19. But I also have to say that I am very giving, I love people, and I usually have the best intentions.
20. I am NOT a morning person!
21. I LOVE being pregnant...until the end when things get a little "tricky" for me!
22. I have never really had a strong fatherly influence in my life...not until I was about 14 years old...and it was a mentor that I met at church...Charlie.
23. I have several people in my life that I consider to have influenced "who I am" today. Having had an extremely tough childhood, I had people from all over that took me under their wings.
24. I have a better relationship with my mom now than I ever have before. We have never been close but we are closer now that I have my own children.
25. I consider my husband to be my absolute best friend. He is my favorite person in the whole world. I turn to him for everything...answers to almost any of my questions. He is a wonderful father to my children and the perfect match for me...my complete opposite! :) I absolutely have no idea what I would without him and at the same time, he drives me bananas!
So there's probably more about me than you wanted to know! ;)
Posted by Rikki Hester at 5:58 PM
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Well, the grandparents are here and are helping out tremendously. What a blessing!
My friend Kaydi and I took Rachel yesterday to Cook Children's Hospital in Ft. Worth for her VUCG and ultrasound. She did GREAT with the ultrasound - she laid there and ate a sucker while watching Sleeping Beauty. The VUCG...not so much! She did okay until about the 4th wiping of betadine solution on her "bottom" and then she wasn't okay anymore. It went from bad to worse. By the end of it she was screaming, "LET ME GO!" It was traumatic for all involved. The techs that were there were less than helpful in calming her down - in fact, they actually made it worse. I was appalled at how poorly they handled my frighened 3 1/2 year old. Anyway, we got through and she earned a milk shake and a Jessie doll from Toy Story! The pediatrician called at 5:00 and told us that VUCG was normal but that she does have some fluid around her left kidney and we need to follow up with a pediatric urologist. That appointment is set for July 20th.
A lot to take in as a parent. I am okay and I know she will be fine but I have to tell you that this is not the only thing that we are dealing with right now...we have a lot going on and I am on an emotional roller coaster!!!
Lauren's 15 month appointment is today and I will post about it later.
Posted by Rikki Hester at 2:36 PM
Sunday, June 13, 2010
I wanted to title this post Ballerina Beauty but it just wouldn't fit in this particular instance....but to me, she is a beauty!!! :)
We had Rachel's dance recital on Saturday night and she was perfect...well, probably not but she was still perfect!!!! Her class - a group of ten 3 and 4 year olds danced a tap routine to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse's "Hot Dog." It was cute! I was a stage mom and keeping that many girls entertained for that long was...well, it was difficult and I am just glad that I didn't have that many children that age at once!!! I am not sure I would not be in jail right now!
Many of Rachel's little friends came to see her and she felt so proud! Her grandparents from Arkansas were here to see her to and brought her a beautiful silver puffed heart necklace before the performance. She got a lot of "star treatment."
Posted by Rikki Hester at 5:42 PM
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Okay, so seriously, I am so sorry that I am so far behind on blogging! I have meant to come here so many times and let you in on our lives! I have a beautiful family and I want to share them with you, I really do. I am ashamed to say that I do not take as many pictures as I should....I really don't! Our lives are passing us before we know it and I will be blogging soon about my little girls going to kindergarten, graduating from high school, getting married, and OH, I BETTER STOP BEFORE I GET WEEPY!!!
I feel like I say it all of the time on here but I just don't have time to blog. I want to, I really do and I plan to blog when I have a few extra minutes. I look back on past blogs and I love reading them and I will miss that if I stopped so I have no intention to stop blogging but I have to stop apologizing for not blogging. I will blog when I get the chance. I will TRY to blog more but I am not promising anything and no more apologizing!!! :)
So...what has happened since you heard from me last?
-Lauren's surgery is scheduled for June 25th for tubes and adenoid removal
-Rachel is going to have a VUCG on Monday the 14th to see if her kidneys are refluxing - she has had 3 UTIS and the pedi is just wanting to make sure her kidneys are working properly. It is not going to be fun...at all.
-Lauren's little friend, Melody turned a year old!!! We celebrated at a splash park with lots of fun
What are we looking forward to?
-Rachel's dance recital is Saturday
-Brice's parents are coming tomorrow for a little over a week!!
-A family vacation in July...nothing major...just time together
Something that has happened that is noteworthy and has really "shaken" our world lately is that our dear friend and pastor, Shawn, just announced this past Sunday that he is going in view of a call to a church in Hot Springs. In laymen's terms that basically means that he will be relocating to Arkansas soon to serve as pastor to that church. Basically once it gets to this point, it is pretty much a "done deal." He is a great person and I, personally, love him and his family dearly. This will be hard for our church but also an opportunity for our church to grow and mature and see what God has in store for us as a congregration together. He was our pastor for 6 years and has done amazing things for and with God at our church and we will miss him greatly. Sunday was hard and it will be hard to say goodbye to him when that time comes and to his wife and children.
I will try to post pictures next time. I will post after the recital with lots of pictures! She looks so cute in her costume and is so proud! :)
Posted by Rikki Hester at 8:32 PM